If this sounds like you...YOU could be a good fit for the Soft Surroundings team.
A little bit about our customers:
They mean the world to us. Every woman who walks through the doors of a Soft Surroundings store, or calls us to order something beautiful from our catalogs or shops with us online is very familiar with taking care of others. Most of the time, she puts herself at the bottom of the To Do List. That's why every interaction is our chance to take care of her and we put her at the top of our list, every time!
Are you one of us?
If you think you are, and you end up joining our team, here's how we will take care of you. We provide full benefits including 401(K), competitive pay, profit sharing potential and up to 50% discount on the fabulous clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, home furnishings and world-class beauty products we sell. Plus, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing, successful company which means you can grow too.
Here are the details:
Soft Surroundings, at Short Pump Town Center in Richmond, VA is seeking a Full Time Assistant Store Manager. We provide full benefits including 401(K), competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
- Assist the Store Manager with all retail functions including operations, POS system, staffing, reporting, visual merchandising and inventory control
- Ensure customers receive the best possible service including assistance as needed and suggestive selling
- Encourage the performance of employees with sales goals
- Ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
- Assist in the training of staff and implementation of planograms
- Assist in overseeing the opening and closing of the store as well as efficient and accurate cash register operations
- May travel occasionally to help open another store
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of one year of retail store experience in a lead or management role
- Solid experience providing a high level of customer service
- Excellent trainer and people developer
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of computers and software
- Proven analytical thinker who consistently comes up with ideas to solve problems
- Assistant Store Manager must have a valid Driver's License