9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Secret with an investigation within 6 years
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a Cyber Security System Administrator to work on a cutting-edge team in Louisville, CO, developing embedded systems solutions that target problems related to (but not limited to) Cyber Security.
In this role, you will:
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify Cyber solutions across the lifecycle.
- Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system-wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Configure and manage Linux and Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The team appreciates and applies agile development principles. The team splits its efforts between Research and Development projects and the customer-funded projects they spawn. Innovation and creative thinking is highly valued, as is leadership and self-motivation. Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and technologies is important to team success and as such most projects target the latest embedded devices on the market. Training opportunities are often made available.
Louisville, Colorado is a suburb of Boulder Colorado. Located near the front range of the Rocky Mountains, the area is known for its 300 days of sunshine, thriving cultural scene, and natural beauty. The area offers nearly endless opportunities for nearby snow skiing, hiking, and nature viewing.
*Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years, and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.*
- Currently possess, or ability to obtain and retain, a DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security).
- Prior system administrator experience of both Windows and Linux based environments.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, PowerShell and/or similar languages.
- Experience with patch management, and networks including LAN and WAN.
- Knowledge of network security systems and data backup.
- Willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements.
- Network administration experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
- Account Maintenance and Single Sign on (SSO) across Windows and Linux systems (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
- Previous experience with RMF JSIG principles and implementation
- Configuration Management environments utilizing technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Familiarity with embedded systems and hardware development
- Previous experience using and administering Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration technologies and implementation
- Working knowledge of DoD network security requirements such as SRG.
- Basic understanding of an Enterprise network architecture, network protocols, and information technology.
- Perform monitoring and management of networks, workgroup servers, and clients.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.