Job Title: AML Special Investigations Unit Investigator – Correspondent Banking
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The purpose of the Anti-Money Laundering Financial Crime Operations team is to ensure that the systems it is tasked with surveilling are at all times being used in accordance with the legal and regulatory Anti-Money Laundering framework within the Americas and to escalate issues of concern to AML Management in a timely manner. This includes the manual escalations from multiple areas such as the Business Intelligence Unit, Anti-Bribery & Corruption Team, Business Line AML, and any Unusual Activity Reports.The Special Investigations Unit Investigator will be responsible for, analysis and MIS maintenance, including investigations, analysis, and preparation of reports and support of other defined functions of the Special Investigations Unit. Discretion and the highest levels of confidentiality are required.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
- An open seating environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Your Key Responsibilities:
- The Special Investigations Associate will be tasked with assisting in all duties associated with the Financial Crime Investigation team
- Perform detailed investigations and prepare summary reports with recommendations for action for investigations triggered by: Law Enforcement inquires, referrals from Global and Domestic projects and relevant supplemental SAR reviews
- Responsible for analyzing data collected as part of cases performed by the Special Investigations Unit
- Conduct online research for information and articles related to money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and other financial crime cases conducted by the SIU
- Draft and prepare internal and external memos, reports, etc. as part of the cases or other workload of the SIU
- Conduct background due diligence research of identified professional for enhanced due diligence or targeted client/market reviews undertaken by the SIU. Maintain, organize, update, and archive electronic files of all cases, supporting documentation and other critical documents
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Relevant experience or equivalent education as an AML investigator in a transaction monitoring capacity
- Correspondent Banking experience
- Strong knowledge of AML laws (USA PATRIOT Act), Regulations (Fed, SEC, FINRA) and their application to the supported products/business lines
- Must currently have or be able to develop a general understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: and ; ; and .