Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician C performs preventive maintenance on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires basic knowledge of vehicle systems to perform routine maintenance and repair. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment, and your world.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle's mechanical and electrical systems to perform basic preventive maintenance and some repair functions.
- Areas of equipment maintenance may include: Vehicle PM inspections and adjustments; Oil changes and fluids replenishment; Adjustments and light repairs including tire changes; and Basic electrical work, such as light changes; Conducts visual inspections to identify potential equipment issues and identify the sources of malfunctions using a variety of tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Completion of a certified diesel maintenance program is a plus but not required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T8 PM is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver's License is preferred.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: 3/17/2020 7:06:23 PM
Job Type: Non-exempt
Req #: R-018919
Location: MI-Jenison- (49428)
Job Category: Maintenance