Job Location: Millington, TN. (Qualified candidates eligible for relocation assistance & signing bonus)
Summary: Repair and maintain various kinds of electric motors, pumps, blowers, gearboxes, hoists, cranes and electro-mechanical apparatus. Replace or repair electrical, mechanical and/or electro-mechanical components in both shop and field settings working independently and with teams. Promote strong company image through professional conduct and exemplary work ethic.
INTRODUCTION * The purpose of this job description is to specify the duties of a Lead Motor Technician at Hi-Speed Industrial Service.
BASIC FUNCTION * The basic function of the Motor Technician is to successfully, efficiently and profitably repair customer equipment and supervise other techs as needed.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS * The Lead Motor Technician reports to the supervisor.
- There are no positions reporting to the Lead Motor Technician unless Supervisor is out of office.
Education * Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Valid Drivers License.
- Preferred: Valid Drivers License with CDL and DOT health certification.
Preferred: Three-year experience servicing and repairing industrial electric motors, fans, pumps, gear boxes, etc.
Must be able to present job references.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic mechanical aptitude and adept at working with hand and/or power tools
- Ability to diagnose and repair industrial electric motors, fans, pumps, gearboxes, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Ability to understand electrical circuits.
- Must be able to operate cut off saws, grinders, oxy-acetylene torch, hydraulic press/puller, etc.
- Must be able to operate bake-off ovens, bake ovens and dip tanks.
- Must be able to operate overhead and jib cranes.
- Must be able to operate forklifts and man lift equipment.
- Must be able to operate test equipment properly; including but not limited to surge tester, megger, voltmeter, ammeter, etc.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and understandable way with other techs and supervisor.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Body positions: sitting, squatting, standing, lying down, etc.
- Requires crawling over, under and around equipment, extreme twisting turning and moving the body, arms, legs and hands to remove, install and repair various parts and systems.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in high places.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must have excellent eyesight and depth perception.
- Must have full use of the body and senses to be able to service and repair industrial equipment.
- Must speak English well enough to take instructions from supervisor and communicate with customers.
- Must be able to read and write English well enough to complete and use repair work orders and instruction manuals.
- Basic math comprehension to properly use technical manuals, test and repair equipment.
TASKS AND DUTIES * Reports for work promptly as scheduled.
- Repair and service Industrial motors, fans, pumps and gear boxes in accordance with existing manufacturing standards in the most timely, cost effective and safest way possible.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment (AC or DC) to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods.
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and specifications, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seal, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tach's, fans, end shields, etc.
- Repairing and Maintaining Electrical & Mechanical Equipment' Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate on the basis of electrical and mechanical principles.
- Inspecting components, equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of failure, errors or other problems or defects.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems' Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Perform field service work as required.
- Communicating with Customers, Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates' Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, electronic reporting, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Reports to supervisor daily on work schedule and emergency repairs.
- Complete daily work orders as assigned by the supervisor.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain work area at customer site and the Hi-Speed facility in a neat and clean condition. Ensure that area is picked up at the end of each job and each day.
- Follow the company and customer safety rules and regulations. This includes the use of prescribed safety equipment as required.
- Use company provided tools and equipment with care.
- Maintain an adequate supply of personal hand and pneumatic tools to perform repairs.
- Supply and maintain an inventory of all personal tools to supervisor for in house insurance file.
- Notifies supervisor of all needed parts and supplies.
- Accurately record hours worked, parts used and work performed on each piece of equipment on daily repair orders.
- All repair work orders are completed and submitted to the office at the end of each repair.
- Gathers all detailed information on the condition of customer equipment for estimating repairs by the supervisor.
- Keep all shop tools and equipment in top working condition and advise supervisor of needed repairs or replacement.
- Assist other employees with technical knowledge.
- Dispose of all waste products in accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, rules and ordinances.
- Drive company truck safely, obeying all traffic rules and regulations.
- Keep company trucks, vehicles, man lifts and trailers clean and safe working condition that projects a positive image to customers and the general public.
- Inspect trucks, vehicles, man lifts and trailers and report maintenance needs to supervisor daily.
- To pursue continuing education (formal or informal) to maintain or increase abilities as an Electric Motor Technician.
- Conducts himself in a professional manner with supervisors, fellow employees, vendors, customers and job-site personnel.
- Reports all destructive or unsafe use of equipment and vehicles to management.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Completes all work orders on time or ahead of schedule.
- Completes all work orders at or below the estimated cost.
- Completes and submits all repair work orders and expenses with receipts to the office daily.
- There are no power or hand tools unaccounted for.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers.
- Attendance and punctuality are acceptable.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- The work area at Hi-Speed and customer location and tools are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- The supervisor is satisfied with the quality and quantity of work performed.
Applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and understand the above Task and Duty list; believe it to be accurate and complete; and I can successfully fulfill each duty or task. I also agree that management retains the right to change this description at any time. The Task and Duty List is effective until revised and properly approved.