Classification: Sr. Accountant
To apply for this Sr. Fund Accountant position, please press 1-Click Apply at the bottom of this job posting. For any inquires, you may reach out to John Sadofsky at 312-616-8200.
- Preparing and maintaining supporting schedules for partners’ capital allocations including complex incentive fee calculations
- Assisting the Investor Relations function in meeting regular periodic investor reporting requirements and responding to various investor requests through the preparation of quarterly statements
- Driving analysis and support for capital calls and distributions – coordinating with Investor Relations, Treasury and Senior Leadership on the planning, preparation and execution of calls and distributions
- Assisting in timely, accurate and meaningful fund and general business reporting and analysis to leadership
- Supporting the preparation of the financial statements, providing information and support for the Firm’s independent auditors
- Assisting in the accounting and reporting for the Company’s various investment funds and vehicles, ensuring processes and output are consistent with US GAAP and specific partnership agreements
- Maintaining the general ledger; working with the operations group to optimize automated entries as well as controlling and minimizing manual entries
- Assisting in various ad hoc projects and requests
- Helping the Fund Accounting team drive operational efficiencies and strong controllership throughout all processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject (accounting or finance preferred)
- CPA strongly encouraged
- 3– 5 years of meaningful, relevant experience in similar business is strongly desired (private equity/leveraged finance/hedge fund or similar), public accounting background in financial services is helpful
- Strong reputation and examples of exceptional team orientation – this is vital to being a successful member of the Fund Accounting team as well as working closely with Operations, Investor Relations, Treasury, etc.
- Comfortable with a steep learning curve and seeking assistance from a strong and committed peer group
- Strong accounting skills and instincts
- Capacity to be a deep thinker – need to operationalize complex partnership agreements and account for investments, incentive fee arrangements, partner allocations, etc.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half .