Nursing Support Technician
Mercy Medical Center, a Magnet-designated facility, with its rich history, and visible dedication to serving the needs of the Baltimore City community offers a challenging opportunity to contribute as a member of the health care team as a Nursing Support Technician (NST) on our Specialty Medical Surgical Unit.
The NST participates as a member of the nursing team in the delivery of quality patient care. Under supervision of the RN, the NST will perform delegated patient care procedures, observe the patient's condition and report and record the information, and assist the health care team with specific treatments and other direct care activities, which may include: Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), Point of Care Testing (POCT), IV insertion, EKG lead placement, etc.
We offer an attractive compensation/benefits package and ongoing opportunity for professional growth. EOE
- High School diploma, or GED
- Successful completion of a C.N.A. or G.N.A. course and/or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing and one additional clinical course in an accredited school of nursing (RN program)
- Successful completion of Nursing Support/Patient Care Technician course
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) through the Maryland Board of Nursing
- At least one year of C.N.A. experience in an acute care facility strongly preferred
- CPR for the Health Care Provider certification (BLS)
Travel Between Locations Required:
Mercy Medical Center