But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This position provides clinical nursing support to Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee by communicating clinical information to patients and businesses, scheduling tests and consultations, obtaining clinical specimens, assessing patients, performing clinical office procedures and maintaining adequate clinical supplies.
Formal Education / Training:
High school diploma
Medical Assistant Certificate required within 90 days of employment or current LPN license required
One year previous experience in medical office environment preferred.
Equipment and Skills Training:
Must be competent in the use Glucometer, BP cuff, thermometer, computer, stethoscope, audioscope, business phone and various oral and injectible medications.
Must be able to sit, stand, communicate, in English, both orally and in writing and lift over 20 pounds.
1. Accurately records patient’s medical history and vital signs.
2. Gives patients immunizations and injections as appropriate.
3. Counsel’s patients on health related issues.
4. Orders and maintains clinical supplies and pharmaceuticals
5. Coordinates referrals to other medical services
6. Secures consultations and specialists.
7. Triages phone calls and addresses patient portal messages
8. Obtains prior authorization for medications and diagnostic testing
9. Assists physician with med/surg procedures
10. Observes universal precautions
11. Maintains quality assurance for office lab
12. Observes proper lifting techniques to prevent injury
13. Coordinates with pharmacies to insure patients have adequate supplies of medicine
Williamson Medical Center