When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Patheon Logistics, by Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a Life Science specialty logistics provider. Our focus on product integrity across the full supply chain including samples, urgent care and trade product is best-in-class and aligned with Life Science Quality Assurance requirements. Our industry business intelligence across multiple clients, adherences to regulatory requirements and deviation prevention mechanisms provides both tangible and intangible cost savings. This is why the largest global pharmaceutical companies have come to rely on us to support their very specific logistics needs.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Manager, Specialty Courier Transportation who will lead our Americas based transportation team focused on our Speciality Courier transportation services, proactively driving operational excellence through cross-functional business process improvement activities while building relationships & trust with clients and .
What will you do?
Utilizing your understanding of Export and Import Regulations you will oversee, manage, facilitate and work to improve the services provided to the portfolio of clients handled by the Domestic Services team by identifying & taking necessary steps to mitigate financial, commercial & operational risks and proactively manage client issues. You will be responsible for the accurate and consistent execution of customer projects for own assigned customers as well as all new customers. You will participate in the negotiation of regional airline/ocean/ground cost tariffs as well as be responsible for the timely billing and payment of international/ domestic vendors and customers for your team's portfolio. You will build relationships with customer counterparts, work to understand their needs, translate customer needs into meaningful business opportunities in parallel with your staff and the Patheon Logistics sales team.
- Source providers, negotiate rates, problem solve, and manage issues
- Enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within group, with a keen focus Quality
- Confirm with client terms of sale and carriage
- Problem resolution for clients & partners
- Quoting and / or arrange of quotes to clients
- Communication with client on shipment status directly as well as via Transportation
- Management System (TMS) for all state changes of shipments including issues
- Adherence to escalation procedure if there is a deviation from SLA and/or Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide essential information, timely to client and internal staff
- Interacts with clients on day to day shipping questions and needs
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard
- Interacts with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure, up to and including facilitation of investigation and root cause analysis in conjunction with Program Managers and Project Managers
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation, and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required
- Responsible for revenue recognition for projects and verifies final production information for
- Accounting Department prior to invoices release
- Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required
- Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Develops, mentors and evaluates (PMDs) Project Managers, Global Logistics Leads and Global Logistics Specialists and Associates
- Establish Goals for direct reports in accordance with company initiatives and vision
- Manages the portfolio of clients handled by the Domestic Services team and is responsible for the accurate and consistent execution of customer projects for own assigned customers as well as all new customers.
- Provides support for customer issues related to shipments and projects
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvement to improve overall efficiency and productivity of the Domestic Services team
- Handles all personnel issues, timecard maintenance, PMDs and job descriptions as required for support associate(s)
- Provides training, including system training and SOP training on regular basis.
- University degree (8+ years' experience with Bachelor's degree; or 6+ years with a Master's degree; logistics discipline preferred.)
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in domestic and international transportation across all modes, experience in Pricing, Routing & Design a plus
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Transportation & Logistics environment required
- Experience in the Life Science and Healthcare industry preferred, ideally with a supply chain & specialty transportation focus on Pharma
- Understanding of the Pharma industry & supply chain needs strongly preferred
- Experience with Cold Chain and Specialty Transportation Products is a plus
- Ability to assess global situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization and the customer
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Knowledge of all available logistics services & distribution products
- Ability to work independently while following team goals
- Results focused
- Creativity and ability to develop novel ideas and solutions
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work closely together with other functional disciplines
- Project management experience, with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Effective time management skills.
- Self-directed, can prioritize workloads within set timelines; a structured, methodical approach to working
- Detail orientated, able to work to deadlines and under pressure at times
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- “Can do” Attitude
- Building relationship & trust with the customer
- Can read differing team member and client styles / cultural backgrounds and adapts approach accordingly
- Proactively identifies concerns, provides solutions & delivers more
- Proven experience in creating a culture of employee engagement
Supply Chain / Distribution
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific