Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer experience? If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a Field Service Technician in the Anniston/Gasden Alabama area.
What We Offer You:
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Company vehicle, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Service training and coaching program
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
At STERIS, our Field Service Technicians act as the face of our company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other STERIS products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
Transferable skills for this role include mechanical (large military/agricultural equipment, appliances or vehicles), plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building maintenance and other similar field service repair work.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in electronics, mechanics or a similar discipline, plus 1+ year(s) of related experience, is strongly preferred. This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside “normal business hours”) and travel as required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
- Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.