Job Title: Customer Service Supervisor
Department: Store Operations
Job Summary: The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the complete operations of the store when a more senior level manager is not present. The Customer Service Supervisor will assist store management in customer service, product availability, safety, shift management, and vendor care. The Customer Service Supervisor will work in support of the store management team to ensure customer satisfaction (including store conditions), maximize sales, and achieve established goals. Where applicable, this position will assist the management team with managing the fuel offer.
- Ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and solicit customer feedback and input. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries in a courteous and timely manner.
- Participate with the store management team to improve store performance in areas of sales, controllable expenses, merchandising, marketing, associate retention and associate training and make appropriate recommendations to store management regarding the same.
- Provide direction, motivation, and coaching for associates during the shift.
- Ensure the 24/7 execution of all customer service programs and processes.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices. Responsible for all cash processes which also include deposit preparation, lottery, gift cards, and checks where applicable.
- Complete cash and lottery processes.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate article level inventory to maximize sales; perform cycle counts and orders.
- Check in vendors.
- Recognize associates and celebrate accomplishments.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to defuse issues using de-escalation and problem solving techniques
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role
- Ability to direct others and prioritize tasks
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work 35 – 40 hours per week
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service environment preferred
- Experience training, sales building, management of expenses, and food service menu planning
- Experienced in all areas of store operations, including foodservice
- Experience leading, developing and selecting teams preferred
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.
Wawa food markets