One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Gander Outdoors, part of the Camping World family, is the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally, and seasonally relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career is the perfect next chapter.
- Lead the department and set the example for product awareness and customer service.
- Ensure the merchandising standards are adhered to and executed accurately.
- Use product and sales training as a lever to give industry-leading customer service.
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures in store by adhering to company standards.
- Assist in all aspects of accounting, operations, compliance, and shrink and profitability through the highest standards of integrity and ethics in all departments.
- Ensure federal, state and local compliance to protect the store's FFL and adhere to company policy on the handling and inventory of firearms.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Sales Revenue: Deliver knowledgeable customer service to every customer. Participate in training to enhance overall business knowledge.
- EBITA Performance: Awareness towards role in operational process, compliance, and shrink awareness.
- Customer Service: Deliver an exceptional customer service experience to every customer every time. Offer company related offers in every situation.
- Associate Engagement: Be a team player.
- 2+ years of retail experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passion for the outdoors with previous retail experience a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills with an orientation to great customer service.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere.
- Ability to offer all company related products, warranties and services.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business. Includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates ethical and honest behavior in day to day interactions and business decisions.
- Computer skills to effectively maneuver in a Windows based environment.
- Must be flexible and able to react to the needs of the business.
- Able to freely access all areas of the register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, crouching, and kneeling; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
We don't just accept diversity - we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside - and not simply check - the box.
Camping World is the leading outdoor lifestyle retailer. Since the Company's founding in 1966, Camping World has grown to become one of the most well-known destinations for camping, boating, hunting, fishing, biking, winter- and water sports, to name a few. The outdoors is a big place, bigger than just RVs, but when it comes to your RV needs, we're your one-stop shop for sales, maintenance, repair and the industry's broadest and deepest range of services, protection plans, products and resources. We have over 200 locations all over the U.S. under our ever-growing company and brands. Just as the outdoors offers endless adventures, so does our company. Stay tuned to see how and where we grow next.
We consider Military experience equally as valuable as civilian work experience. Veterans, Reservists and Transitioning Service Members are encouraged to include Military duty and certifications on their resume and applications when applying for a position.
Camping World and Good Sam