Institute on Aging (“IOA”) has a long-standing history of success in California and has always been on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models including reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors to maintain their health, well-being, independence, and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
IOA’s Technology Services division is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst (“BSA”) for its San Francisco-based team. Reporting to the Director of Technology Services, the BSA will serve as IOA’s primary analyst supporting the Procura health information system. Other key duties and responsibilities of the position may include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Supporting on-going support for process improvement and client services initiatives in assigned area of responsibility
- Developing, managing and maintaining the system and user training documentation; participating in training users on application software
- Implementing, design and configuration changes that meet user needs
- Assisting in developing technology improvements for IOA workflow processes
- Defining and documenting business rules and participating in system development efforts
- Creating and maintaining “how-to” guides, system administration and application support for enterprise technology solutions
- Documenting business system analysis, swim lane, workflow, and data flow diagrams. Requirements and test cases
- Plan and support or manage projects using best practices to ensure scope, budget and resources and schedule are met
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or higher
- Minimum of six years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Project Manager
- Prior experience working with a health information system.
- Current/prior experience conducting business analysis, process improvement, system administration, supporting users, working with consultants, escalating support issues to vendors, implementing system changes and report generation
- Working knowledge and experience documenting business systems analysis, such as process maps, support models, swim lane and workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, requirements, project documents, test cases, and training
- Highly organized and possess the ability to complete deliverables on time with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to perceive and articulate Information Systems goals and objectives within a customer service framework
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationships between various applications and systems.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Participation in projects of medium to high complexity
- Familiarity with the corresponding Line of Business-related functions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to create compelling presentations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Prior coursework in process mapping/improvement
- Experience drafting or assisting in project planning
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk
- Five finger dexterities
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IOA is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Institute on Aging