Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Technical Analyst position is responsible for ensuring the continuity of IT services for end users through the timely response and resolution of routine requests and concerns. Assignments include IT technical support for hospital, physician office or Research Institute desktop computer environments as well as applications and related peripherals. Responds to requests for installation, configuration and set up of new and replacement PCs and workstations. Installs, configures and sets up new and replacement PCs.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Consults with staff, end users and management to establish requirements.
2. Maintains positive working relationships with IT stakeholders, and customers. Actively participates in meetings.
3. Acts as a resource in providing information to others in resolving IT issues
SERVICE - 30%
1. Responds to routine end user requests for configuration, set up and replacement PCs and work stations. (EF)
2. Partners with appropriate IT teams to resolve end user issues as reported and escalates as appropriate. (EF)
3. Keeps end users up to date on issue status and ensures timely resolution according to department guidelines. (EF)
4. Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to the Senior Technical Analyst or Lead.(EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Documents, tracks and follows-up on inquiries, incidents, problems and assigned services request. Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken according to department policy. (EF)
2. Enforces and promotes IT Security Policy through appropriate device installations and communication with end users. (EF)
3. Consistently tests computer configurations to meet the customer's requirements and needs. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Manages own time and department resources efficiently. Seeks out opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity for self and department. Supports team goals and metrics through efficient, timely and appropriate issue resolution.(EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Applies workflows and policies while continuously identifying areas of efficiency and standardization. (EF)
2. Proactively manages own professional development including the development of a foundational knowledge across IT functions and seeks opportunities to strengthen IT skill sets. Completes Individual Development Plan (IDP)(EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Bachelors or Technical Degree preferred
o 2 yrs experience in IT Field Operations or Help Desk/Service Desk environment
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o Comptia A+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Strong listening, communication and customer service skills
o Ability to adapt to multiple priorities.
o Basic knowledge of desktop deployment technology
o Demonstrated proficiency to perform installation/moves/changes for computing, printing, network, server and telecommunication equipment.
o General knowledge of a variety of technologies including Microsoft OS, Microsoft applications, computer hardware, TCP/IP and other network/server technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.