Viridian Staffing's Client is looking for an experienced, self-starter to become the Accountant or Principal Bookkeeper for a vertically integrated start-up in the Cannabis Industry.
Viridian Staffing ( ) is the premier staffing, recruiting, and HR consulting firm solely dedicated to organizations in and supporting the commercial, medical, and industrial cannabis / hemp industry.
If you are the type of individual to take initiative and get excited about the opportunity to navigate a new industry, then this position could be for you. You would need to be able to deal with and develop solutions for challenges including the 280e tax code and a lack of banking resources. In order to do this, diplomacy in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills will be required. You should be known for your discretion and have experience with audits, financial statements, payroll, account reconciliations & performing month end closes.
If you are a positive, assertive Accounting Leader, who has a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, you should apply for this opportunity!
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in the areas of audit and compliance driven accounting
- Proficiency with and ability to ramp up quickly on enterprise software solutions.
- Strong experience with Quickbooks
- Ability to develop and implement policies
- Cash Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business