Participant recruitment: 40 Nursing mothers & 200 Pregnant women (70% African American).
Consenting participants: Process participants to sign consent for participation.
Data collection by interview: Complete study questionnaire by interviewing participants.
Follow-up: Follow up 200 women at 1-week, 1-month, and 3-months postpartum.
Liaison with 20 participating physicians/obstetricians.
Training 20 physician office staff to assist with research implementation – Virtual and In-person.
Research Data management: Enter survey data into a database.
Perform other research related clerical tasks and organizing research meetings and events.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships and to project a professional and positive image of the Institution.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple tasks concurrently, organize resources, and make procedural judgments.
- Advanced writing, editorial, and record maintenance skills.
- Clerical/office skills, Word processing, Excel and PowerPoint mastery.
- Willingness to learn how to use Statistical Data entry Software (SPSS).
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to interact with potential study participants and patients.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and/or staff in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Certified lactation Consultant (CLC) with a minimum of two (years) related experience.
Meharry Medical College