Samasource is looking for an experienced VP, Marketing. This hire will be an important piece of a strong leadership team and will be tasked with driving significant revenue growth through cohesive product marketing, branding & positioning, customer marketing, and demand/lead generation. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Marketing will play a key role on the executive team as they work to define and execute the long-term B2B GTM strategy for the organization. The VP, Marketing will be obsessed with positively influencing potential, new, and existing customers on every step of their journey.
- Product Marketing
- Build a strong product marketing function focused on comprehensive data gathering and analysis of customer pain points & buyer journey.
- Develop and improve messaging: Oversee and modernize product marketing function to create and implement effective sales and marketing tools, including management and development of sales collateral, case studies, presentations, customer success stories, and other sales tools to enhance the productivity of the sales team and drive value across the Samasource ecosystem.
- Ensure company and product positioning stays market focused.
- Brand Awareness
- Implement strong brand awareness to expand brand recognition through media, influencer and analyst relations (where appropriate.)
- Build relationships with influencers as both a brand awareness and lead generation tool.
- Selectively target industry events to build brand awareness and drive lead generation and retention.
- Create and ensure consistent use of a set of branding materials/tools to include: sales assets, PR assets, partner assets, and etc.
- Define and execute a plan to measure success of branding efforts.
- Customer Marketing
- Demonstrate the ability to drive cross-sells and up-sells.
- Develop and execute on an account based marketing (ABM) strategy supporting the expansion of ARR within existing customers.
- Own and influence the entire buyer journey.
- Demand & Lead Generation
- Build an industry-focused, Account Based Marketing program focused on both Enterprise as well as medium sized companies.
- Implement and continuously improve greenfield and whitespace sales and marketing pipeline growth and acceleration strategies globally.
- Strong focus on efficient use of digital marketing strategies and middle-of-the funnel nurture techniques.
- Be comfortable with all associated metrics and analytics of acquiring customers and pipeline management.
- Proven enterprise B2B marketing leadership experience providing strategic input to high-growth technology businesses with ownership for marketing strategies, goals and tactics.
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently driven organic revenue growth ($XXM to $XXXM+).
- Ability and desire to use data and metrics to make strategic growth decisions.
- Ability to effectively align marketing efforts with the sales team’s goals and objectives.
- Dynamic, high energy executive with proven ability to build and engage best-in-class marketing teams; act as a mentor, player, and a coach to both junior and Director level team members.
- Extensive experience in Digital Marketing (SEO, SEM, Display, Social Media) and deploying/leveraging marketing automation tools.
- Experience-based mastery of contemporary marketing practices and a demonstrated understanding of market development strategies, customer decision-making processes, and brand management, with an ability to successfully build brand recognition and market awareness while driving a high volume of leads to the business.
- Submit sound and achievable budget projections and recommendations; ensure that the objectives are managed with strong metrics, financial accountability, and integrity.
- Strong technical acumen, SaaS and domain expertise, and is solutions oriented.
- Mission driven.
- Strategic thinker with an enterprise orientation, strong conceptual problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute at the tactical level.
- Energetic and purpose-driven individual who cares about maximizing company growth and working collaboratively with other functional leaders to achieve business goals.
- Inspiring personality who leads teams through a combination of personal leadership and process discipline.
- Highest ethical standards and a model of the value of humility, accountability, teamwork, transparency, and a results orientation.
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort making decisions when faced with uncertainty.
- Maintain highly collaborative working relationships with others at Samasource.
- Culture carrier and exceptional leader who embodies Samasource’s core values.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to succeed.
- Action-oriented self-starter who can set strategy and drive execution with a “roll up the sleeves” approach.
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Samasource is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Samasource offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSAs, HSAs, short- and long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, employer-matching 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, paid disability and baby bonding leave, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Samasource, we take pride in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR