In North America, AkzoNobel provides performance coatings products to customers through four operating business units: Powder Coatings, Automotive & Special Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Marine, Protective & Yacht Coatings.
AkzoNobel Industrial Coatings (ICO) is made up of Metal and Wood Coatings serving the consumer goods and buildings and infrastructure industries. Our objective is to work together to deliver best in class customer service, make ICO a safe and inspiring place to work, drive leadership in innovation and be the industry leader in color and digital platforms that help us serve our customer.
Our Metal Coatings business is a leading supplier of coil and extrusion coatings used in metal construction, appliance and automotive components and a major supplier of advanced packaging coatings and inks.
The Metals Coatings Manufacturing site in Columbus is actively hiring for a Supply Chain Planning Manager to lead the supply chain planning team to drive performance; increasing customer satisafction, and deliver on operational excellence goals.
The Supply Chain Planning Manager contributes to the execution of the sales, profitability and operating working capital (OWC) targets established by the business by deploying effective Supply Planning processes and participating in Sales & Operations, On Time to Fill (OTIF) improvement and Slow Moving/Obselete (SLOB) management.
- Manages the Site Supply Team of 5 people; Train, motivate, evaluate and perform all employment activities
- Ensures that the Supply Planning team develops an optimized supply plan for all material types (raw & pack, traded, intermediate and finished goods) based on the business demand and the capacity of the supply chain
- Manage the Supply Plan to maximize stock availability, minimize OWC and minimize the Integrated Supply Chain costs (Logistics, Production, Purchasing)
- Responsible for providing Manufacturing with a feasible Produciton Plan that meets customer requirements while optimizing manufacturing capabilities and constraints
- Conduct ABC-XYZ analysis setting a target stocking policy by categorizing products based on volume and volatility of customer demand
- Define Inventory Policies for Cycle Stock and Safety Stocks to meet the agreed Service Levels with Customers
- Monitor, track and report on the delivery of Supply through weekly Tier Reviews as well as Demand Control meetings
- Execute Plans for new products and product changes by interacting with Demand Planning, Marketing and Sales
- Prepare the Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) analysis and lead the Supply Review meeting to discuss Production Capacity with Operations
- Manage the continuous improvement of OTIF, Inventory and SLOBs as related to the objectives of the business
- Lead the Monthly Supply Review for the Site
- Acts as the point of contact for any supply planning related initiative/topic for the site (e.g. internal / external SLAs) and advises on opportunities to improve the supply chain in a broader sense (Collaborative Planning, SC Analytics, Internet of Things, Footprint/Network optimization)
- Provide insight and support for supply chain optimization projects (Collaborative Planning, SC Analytics, Internet of Things, Footprint/Network optimization, etc)
- Works together with the rest of the BusinessSupply Planning network to help raise the capability
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain, materials management, industrial engineering or other business related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years experience in SAP. Highly proficient in SAP PP.
- 3-5 years of experience in production planning/Master production scheduling/capacity management
- Experience with a validated or regulated supply chain environment preferred
- Competent in key principles of Material Requirements Planning, Distribution Requirements Planning, Master Production Schedule, Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP or other equivalent applications
- Supervisory skills, people management skills including engagement, good communication and time management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Project management skills
Requisition ID: 5472