Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the Johnson & Johnson Digital Surgery and Robotic efforts! For more information, visit .
The R&D Primary Electrical Engineer in the Surgical Robotics Franchise is responsible for acting as an electrical / electro-mechanical experienced team member supporting and leading various assignments. In this position you will own the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of the electrical aspects of capital equipment.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop capital surgical equipment.
- Collaborate across internal organizations and external partners as part of the multi-functional technical team.
- Develop detailed product requirements, engineering specifications, system architecture, detailed component specifications, verification and validation test protocols and reports.
- Integrate electronics subsystems and manage dependencies across the system.
- Builds, reviews, and updates electrical drawings in order to communicate technical requirements to external partners.
- Author and execute electrical verification tests.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related science/ engineering degree is required. Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Familiar with electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and spectrum analyzers is required.
- Experience working with teams to define technical requirements is required.
- Results-oriented skillset with the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- PCBA design experience with Cadence or related tools is a plus.
- Experience with capital equipment or medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with high speed digital design, simulation and testing is preferred.
- Experience in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture is preferred.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, international and domestic, is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
Johnson & Johnson