Coordinate and assist the provider to ensure quality/cost effective service and care for the people within the practice population.
The Ambulatory Digital Health Registered Nurse serves as a leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health. The Registered Nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey to arrive at the appropriate venue of care. The Registered Nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
The Registered Nurse will conduct patient assessments and triage, both in-person and through virtual health consults. The in-person consults may be conducted in a physician practice, clinic or ambulatory facility, or other non-traditional setting and virtual health consults will be performed in a virtual care setting (e.g. home office) using video, mobile and telephonic technologies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing clinical assessments and utilizing approved medical protocols per policy and recommending an appropriate level of clinical care based on clinical judgment and protocols. In addition, this role may include reaching out to providers, receiving and relaying radiology and lab results, evaluating the appropriateness of and making referrals, counseling patients, responding to general health questions, assessing appropriate healthcare access for the patient by utilizing approved protocols and promoting patient engagement to reduce the risk of inappropriate venue of care and hospitalization. Position responsibilities are met through providing information pertaining to acute and chronic healthcare needs related to each consultation.
- Education: Associate's Degree Required. Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Experience: Three to five years relevant experience Req uired. * Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state Required. BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS, CCRN, PCCN, CNRN, CCRN-E Required
- Additional Skills Required: Broad clinical knowledge base of multiple conditions and expected outcomes. Demonstrates appropriate ability to virtually triage symptoms to allow the delivery of advice and education in the treatment of illness, disease or injury. Demonstrate appropriate clinical leadership skills as evidenced by previous work related activities and performances. Demonstrate the ability to work independently to assess and evaluate understanding of disease processes, treatment plans and/or lifestyle changes. Demonstrate sound knowledge, critical thinking skills and appropriate decision-making skills for the need of a patient. Demonstrate appropriate organization skills. Demonstrate the ability to assess self-learning needs and seek ways to meet own professional development by proactively educating self, participating in orientation and staff development activities, maintaining knowledge of clinical best practice, issues, trends, technology, appropriate levels of care, and uses policies and procedures appropriately. Possesses excellent computer skills with the ability to multitask including navigating and documenting in an EMR while communicating with the patient and using a video and/or telephonic platform. In addition this person will have strong problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrate communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Has a broad clinical knowledge base of multiple conditions and expected outcomes across the entire continuum of life.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to work with management team and physicians; demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills. Possesses excellent computer skills with the ability to multitask including navigating and documenting in an EMR while communicating with the patient and using a video and/or telephonic platform. Ability to be a team player, contribute to a positive working environment, and demonstrate initiative, ownership and accountability. Knowledge of healthcare environment relates to technology, physicians, medical group practice, hospitals, ancillary services and insurance/managed care. Up to 25% regional day travel between facilities may be required.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".