Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Kent, WA (Seattle)
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
The Maintenance Manager will be working in our Kent, WA pie plant (Plush Pippen) that produces a variety of different pies from apple, pumpkin, cherry, blueberry and much more. This non-union plant is over 100k sq. ft. and has more than 100 employees across all shifts.
- Develop annual and long-range maintenance & repair (M&R) and Capital expenditure plans in support of business objectives.
- Directly responsible for the planning, cost justification and implementation of M&R and Capital Expenditure projects
- Manages projects, installations and re-builds of equipment and processes.
- Engineers solutions to chronic downtime failures
- Provide leadership and coaching in the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Drive root cause failure analysis of equipment failure and ensure action plans are developed to correct failures
- Support production in all aspects including downtime tracking, safety, cost-control, and design for sanitation
- Provide effective leadership, management and supervision of the Plant Maintenance Department
- Responsible for the development, implementation and operation of maintenance processes and systems including Preventative/Predictive maintenance programs, asset downtime measurement and analysis
- Ensure the effective utilization of the computerized maintenance management system to include: work orders, asset accountability, purchasing, spare parts inventory and preventative/predictive maintenance procedures.
- Develops and ensures all maintenance personnel adhere to Federal, State, local government and Company Safety and GMP policies and procedures
- Establishes standards of performance and productivity, for the maintenance department
- Develops annual department M&R budget and tracks performance.
- Maintains accurate regulatory records and ensures the plant is in compliance with all Federal, State and local government agencies regulations.
- Interface and negotiate with outside vendors, suppliers, and equipment manufacturers to obtain best-cost services and supplies
- BS Engineering or 5+ years related experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Experience in manufacturing equipment selection, sourcing, and installation
- Proven track record of successful project management
- Experience in Food manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience in safety management, environmental compliance, preparing and managing department budgets
- Experience in Strategic planning and Balanced Score Card
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Analytical trouble shooting experience
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to recruit, build and coach successful teams
- Ability to negotiate business deals and develop long term partnership with vendors
- Develop network of various vendors for successful project management
Number of openings: 1
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.