At PA, we take a pragmatic view to solving client problems. Our Managing Consultants are not constrained by a narrow role description and take a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” approach to do what is necessary to meet the client needs. You should have a track record of successful project delivery working within a major professional services consulting firm however other backgrounds will be considered.
We are looking for experienced consultants with experience in one or more of the following key focus and capability areas for our life science practice.
1. Accelerating products to market
Our team enables our clients to accelerate R&D timelines through better use of data, analytics and AI. This will heavily focus on the use of data to make better decisions, increase effectiveness and to automate research, clinical, pharmacovigilance, and Regulatory processes. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by clinical R&D functions and the experience to help our clients drive innovative approaches to clinical trial design and delivery.
2. Enabling Innovative Medicines, Therapies & Healthcare Solutions
Our team partners with senior business leaders to develop and implement new commercial models, new organizational structures and governance and supports our clients’ better tailor and enhance the value of their products and supporting therapies. This includes support with development of healthcare solutions & services focusing on patient and health system needs and leveraging our technology and innovation capabilities to enable better monitoring, diagnostics, and delivery of medicine to patients. Our consultants have a strong understanding of the current life sciences markets across Europe, a deep understanding of the healthcare, market access and payer landscape and bring insight to the key stakeholders to help them build sustainable success.
3. Driving Simplification and Compliance into the Business
Our team delivers transformational change and process improvements in the areas of Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Safety and Pharmacovigilance (PV), Clinical and Global Medical Affairs. This will include simplification of processes/SOPs, operational excellence / “cost out” analysis, and deep regulatory expertise across all business domains across R&D, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, and Enterprise functions. Our consultants have insight into the issues faced by regulated functions and the experience to help our clients drive cost and risk out of their organizations while enabling them to respond nimbly to emerging local and global regulations.
4. Transforming Technology & Data Capabilities
We help our clients to establish or enhance their critical IT and data capabilities. This frequently includes:
- developing IT strategies, architectures and road maps
- sourcing new technology, data and service providers
- managing complex change and IT implementation programs
- embedding organizational agility
- releasing value from data assets
- enterprise data strategy - releasing value from data assets through people, technology and process
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience in Life Sciences consulting.
- Business winning capability with a strong network and a reputation as a thought leader.
- Strong consulting skills, including a high degree of communication and presentation skills, with the ability to manage projects, working with both people and technology to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leadership of substantial projects with a large team.
- Commercial acumen to understand requirements and formulate realistic and robust solutions while appreciating and managing risk appropriately.
- A robust intellectual approach with a degree-level education.
- A willingness to learn and to develop yourself and others around you.
- Developing strong relationships with colleagues and maintaining such a network to ensure that all opportunities are developed carefully and shared with other business units.
- Actively supporting the recruitment and development of team capabilities and talent.
- Available and willing to travel, typically 3+ days per week. Travel may be for longer periods when involved in overseas assignments.
- Position is based in Boston, MA or New York, NY
- Degree from a top school in a science, pharmaceutical or medical technology related field
- Masters/MBA or Ph.D. is a plus