The Lead Information Assurance Manager will lead a team of 10-20 IA professionals providing security services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on the SENS3 contract located in Lorton VA. These services are in support of the mission to security the DHS classified networks – both Top Secret (CLAN) and Secret (HSDN).
This individual will either be an experienced and highly skilled, multi-disciplined IA professional with sufficient skills in project operations
– OR –
an experienced and highly skilled operations manager with a sufficient understanding of multiple cybersecurity disciplines to provide direction to IA professionals in the timely completion of high quality IA deliverables.
- Providing performance management for 10-20 engineers to include hiring, recognition, timesheet approvals, and compliance with any Corporate initiatives such as Annual Training.
- Providing a single point of contact for Information Assurance tasks and issues supporting the DHS ISSOs, ISSMs, and SCAs for the corresponding DHS POCs for CLAN and HSDN
- Providing security services to support periodic accreditation efforts for the DHS CLAN and HSDN networks
- Maintaining ~1000 site security plans in support of contractual service level agreements (SLAs) for annual assessments
- Performing compliance and vulnerability scanning and remediation in conjunction with SENS3 engineering while maintaining POAMs to track remediation efforts
- Performing scans on enterprise software using tools such as Fortify and Webinspect
- Performing patch management with Engineering to ensure that IAVAs are supported on a timely basis and ensure excellent performance against contractual service level agreements
- Maintaining enterprise configuration management to include maintaining approved product lists (APLs), providing timely VAM support for requests for change evaluations, ensuring 100% compliant and accurate RFC charging, and support for any associated configuration management tools.
- Knowledge management support for the information assurance effort to include sharepoint site administration, deliverable archiving, and any other associated knowledge artifacts
- Providing support to include maintaining licenses for relevant cybersecurity tools
- Evaluation of new cybersecurity technology that may be leveraged for the SENS3 network
- Support of communication security (COMSEC) by tracking the network encryption technology deployments and rotating keys on an annual basis (optional role)
- Providing subject matter expertise to resolve difficult security challenges that arise during operations
- FISMA compliance reporting
- Provide support to yearly compliance audits
- Providing regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to be consolidated by the PM for SENS3 reporting
- Possess a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- A BS degree and eight years of prior relevant experience in multiple applicable Cybersecurity disciplines. Four years of additional applicable industry experience will suffice in lieu of the degree.
- A CISSP or equivalent certification that demonstrates a solid understanding of the cybersecurity domain and ability to provide clear execution focus to information assurance engineers
- Ability to obtain a DHS EOD (Entrance on Duty)
- Demonstrated ability to manage the work of 10-20 highly skilled engineers
- Demonstrated skills in operations management and/or program management
- The ability to build an efficient team that delivers on-time with quality, and build/maintain morale
- An advanced degree in a STEM program
- Prior DHS experience
- A CISSP certification
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Manager
Job Family: Information Assurance