Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
Position Information: Under the supervision and direction of an RN, assist professional nursing staff by performing basic patient care activities, clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the Emergency Department.
Responsible to the RN on duty.
Days: This department is staffed 7 days a week, 24 hours per day.
Hours: 10 am through 10 pm. 3 days per week
Pay Range: Starting at $12.45 and dependent upon experience.
What you'll do:
- Assist with monitoring and care of patients, i.e., vital signs monitoring, assisting with set-up for procedures, transporting patients, assist with lifting, turning and repositioning patients, performing electrocardiograms and assisting with specimen collection and testing.
- Perform clerical duties related to registration, admission and disposition of Emergency Department patients and inputting ancillary orders into computerized system.
- Compile new charts, obtains accurate information and maintains current and new charts.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate manner with staff, patients/family, physicians and other ancillary personnel.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment.
- Attend meetings and in-services.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school Graduate or GED. Successful completion of Citizens Medical Center's nursing orientation program to that unit prior to responsibility for patient care. Certified Nurse Aide or Medical Assistant preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support class.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standard nursing practices for care of specific cases.
- Familiarity with organization standards, policies, regulations and procedures of hospital as they relate to nursing service.
- Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with ill patients and their families.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with personnel on unit and other hospital departments, as well as with medical staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
May be exposed to communicable diseases. Exposed to unpleasant patient elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne/airborne diseases. Works weekends and holidays necessary. Works overtime as needed. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires standing, walking, bending, crouching/stooping, and carrying approximately 80% of the time when caring for patients. Requires sitting at desk approximately 20% of time with repetitive motion of the hand and wrist to type in computerized charting system and answer phone. Requires pushing/pulling and reaching approximately 50% of time that is spent to move beds, carts, equipment, and turning patients. Requires lifting and lowering patients/objects with 20-50 pounds of force occasionally. Moving patients/objects over 50 pounds requires assistance of mechanical lifting device or another person. Normal vision, with or without correction, which is adequate for reading, use of computer. Distinction of color necessary for evaluation of limited amount of specimen analysis. Hearing adequate for all types of interpersonal communication. Must be able to work closely with other hospital personnel, physicians, patient, and family. Works under moderate stress. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off (4 weeks)
- CME allowance
- Student Loan reimbursement
- Malpractice covered
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.