Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the Department of Veterans Affairs? We’re looking for an engineer who can create solutions for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cyber Risk Management Specialist on our team, you’ll use your experience to work with the VA to discover their cyber risks, understand applicable policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You’ll review technical, environmental, and personnel details from SMEs to assess the entire threat landscape. You’ll then guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones. You’ll work with your client to translate security concepts, so they can make the best decisions to secure their critical infrastructure. This is your opportunity to act as an information security subject matter expert while broadening your data science skills. Join us as we protect our nation’s cyberinfrastructure. The position allows remote delivery.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with Cybersecurity, risk management, or risk assessment for complex systems
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series publications
- Experience with risk analysis, data analytics, or visualizations
- Knowledge of elements of risk, including vulnerability, threat, likelihood, impact, mitigation, and remediation
- Ability to engage directly with clients, and third parties to facilitate enterprise risk analysis
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience in a professional work environment with systems security engineering or BS degree in CS, IT or Engineering and 10+ years of experience in a professional work environment with systems security engineering
- Experience with tools such as Nessus, BigFix, Red Seal, RSA Archer, SCCM, Elastic, CDM
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
- Experience with Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and eMASS
- Experience with NIST SP 800-53, 39, 37, 30
- Public Trust clearance
- CompTIA Security+ or Certified Risk Management Professional (CRISC) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with the University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Booz Allen Hamilton