With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
We are offering the following incentives: $2,500 sign on bonus, $5,000 relocation package (50 miles from location), 5 days unpaid continuous paid time off in first year.
K2 Tech 2
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Complies with all company and department safety, quality, productivity and security procedures.
- Utilize Mill tools & techniques to identify, document and properly address workplace hazards.
- Leads and participates in Lockout/Tagout procedures (LOTO), including performing, auditing, and improving LOTO.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes, but not limited to, production reports, specification verification, quality requirements, machine logbooks, checklists, department safety, quality & production audits.
- Utilize OBGs and KPIs to monitor and adjusts machine settings to maximize production, quality and minimize waste.
- Monitors work assignments of team members as introduced by department managers and supervisors.
- Completes activities of assigned crew as directed by Tech 1 along with department managers and supervisors.
- Assist with sheet break investigations. Utilize process trends, camera systems and other tools to identify root cause, document findings, and recommend corrective actions.
- Communicates all machine and department issues effectively to department managers and supervisors and presents data-based solutions in keeping with Continuous Improvement Objectives.
- Monitors quality systems. Uses QCS/DCS system to monitor quality of paperboard.
- Responsible for communicating to team regarding production changeovers and all related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by department managers and supervisors.
- Will assist with employee breaks for the production line for the Tech 2,3 and 4 positions as necessary.
- Follow quality procedures for roll disposition and Standard Operating Procedures for correcting
- Perform standard pulp and papermaking process and final product testing as required.
- Understands and monitors the 5S system and takes full ownership of working environment.
- Perform routine and basic machine maintenance to include but not limited to: oiling, greasing and cleaning, replacing belts, etc.
- Monitors line speed production levels.
- Troubleshoots all paper machine issues. Notifies other resources as necessary in a timely manner to minimize downtime.
- Provides job instruction and training for all employees within the Tech 2 classification, in addition to support for those in Tech 3 and 4 roles
- Assisting in the drafting and documenting of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), entering work orders and assisting with maintenance PM planning. Make appropriate contributions to Next Opportunity list.
- Fully understand the complete papermaking process & the underlying scientific principles.
- Understand location of process lines, isolation & control valves and other critical equipment on the paper machine Dry End & Coating preparation area.
- Ability to locate & read department P&ID & GA drawings as well as functional descriptions and equipment documentation.
- Participate in crew safety and continuous improvement meetings.
- Fill in for Tech 1 as needed.
- To qualify and perform this job successfully, an individual must have met the administrative and skill qualifications for the position, have successfully proven to have completed the knowledge requirements of the Tech 3 and 4 job function and responsibilities, be able to work independently and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The functions, specifications and physical demands listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to establish a strong working relationship with all team members.
- This position warrants continuous walking, twisting, bending, stooping, frequent stair climbing and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is dusty, noisy, hot and humid.
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime with short notice.
- Must be able to visually identify quality issues.
- Must be able to think "outside the box" and collect and utilize data in decision making.
- Required to gain Continue Education Credits (CEC) through training and online learning modules within and outside GPI
- Must have adequate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, SAP, PARCview and any other pertinent operating system.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Technical or college degree preferred
- Industrial Manufacturing experience, paper making experience preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour certification. 30 Hour certification preferred
- Schedules are 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, reaching, stretching, frequent stair climbing and working in tight positions.
- The employee is continuously required to lift up to 20 pounds, frequently required to lift 10 to 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift over 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to carry over 50 pounds.
- Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of product to detect imperfections.
- Inside Conditions: Extremes of heat (100 seasonal), humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .