There are exciting things going on behind the scenes at Eventbrite. Our product strategy continues to evolve and expand. Our team is evolving its capabilities to address the increased complexity of the business by strengthening our partnership with executive leadership to guide the business through this critical phase. Our goal is to partner with leadership and provide accurate, insightful, and action-oriented guidance for decision-making, especially as it relates to financial goals.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth, specifically as it relates to our operational expenses and financial goals. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with senior leadership to ensure they have the resources, insights, and data they need to achieve Eventbrite's mission. If you deal well with ambiguous situations, gravitate towards data driven results, and enjoy using numbers to tell stories, let's talk.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with finance, executive leadership and product and marketing teams alike to turn financial data into actionable insights that help solve Eventbrite's most complex challenges. You will connect the dots between shorter-term operational strategies and longer-term financial goals, build out best in class analytical capabilities, and drive incremental operational efficiencies through quantitative analysis.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and relentlessly curious. You will have exceptional communication skills and won't be afraid to speak up. You are an analytical all-star who can take complexity and bring order to data and decision-making.
- Support standard Finance cycles including close, forecasting, and associated management reporting
- Work closely with senior leadership to manage department budgets and allocation of resources to achieve company goals
- Develop complex financial modeling analyses that clearly exposes investment opportunities, risks and returns for a call to action to be made within the overall Eventbrite portfolio
- Support the purchase requisition process through approval and tracking of global company spend and some contract negotiation
- 4+ years of applicable experience in finance or strategy at a fast-growing company, or a background in a highly quantitative field
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles
- Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills and experiences are equally valuable
- Experience with Adaptive Insights and Workday Financials
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Alteryx and Tableau
- Calm in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
Eventbrite is a the world's largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes - from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions -- by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.