Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at .
Innovative Controls Systems (ICS) is part of OPW VWS, a leader in the Vehicle Wash Manufacturing industry. ICS brings expertise and industry leadership in POS MGT Systems, Payment Terminals, Car Wash Controllers, Accessories, and other Car Wash Equipment. We have an immediate need for a Manager, Software Engineering at our Bethlehem offices. Excellent benefits package with health, dental, vision, disability & life insurance. Paid time off, including community service days as well as an on-site Cafeteria and Employee Fitness Center.
Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, the Manager, Software Engineering leads employees and is responsible for software development and database management. This position is responsible for leading Software Engineering in the development and ongoing improvement of products at ICS. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, technical proficiency, project management, and drive process improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership and Project Management for Software Development at ICS
- Ensure standard methodologies, enterprise product insertion and process evolution, best practices around software development, including Agile practices within the team
- Providing direction to team based on general policies and management guidance and ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- People management including selection and training, motivation, and performance assessment of team
- Manage projects by guiding/leading software engineers in day to day performance of jobs by setting goals, conducting stand up meetings, offer support and assistance as necessary
- Assign projects, tasks to team members, solicit or estimate time and needed resources
- Communicate effectively within teams and project stakeholders with status updates every week and as required
- Work across functions to find optimal solutions to challenges.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in software development with an emphasis on multi-threaded applications using C#, .NET Framework, and MS-SQL
- 2+ years’ experience leading Software Development in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience in developing web-based applications
- Knowledge of IIS and experience in creating and consuming web services
- Experience in developing complex custom reports using SSRS
- Must have proven experience in a process-oriented development environment with excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proven track record of producing high quality software
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and resolve software issues in a timely manner
- Strong organizational and inter-personnel communication skills
- Exceptional understanding of software development principles and engineering processes
- Project management experience with detailed execution plan using tools such as Microsoft Project
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of MS-SQL server and databases
- Experience in MS-SQL, Entity framework, LINQ (SQL commands, Triggers, Stored Procedures)
- Experience in developing RS232/USB drivers for various device components
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Pennsylvania : Bethlehem
Sub Division : VWS - North America
Job Requisition ID : 35781