Job ID 2020-2972 Job Location US-NC-Chapel Hill
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a collaborative community of about 750 resourceful, creative professionals who plan, design, and deliver high-performance systems for organizations that improve lives and contribute to a sustainable future in Healthcare, Science & Technology (S&T), Mission Critical, Energy & Utilities (E&U), Commissioning and more.
We have a great opportunity for you to join AEI in an Electrical Senior Project Engineer role in our Chapel Hill, NC office.
Here is what we have in store for you:
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall electrical design process, deliverables, and client service for multiple concurrent projects. You will manage, mentor, and provide leadership to Project Engineers also assigned to each project. You will effectively collaborate with project team members for other disciplines within AEI and our design partners as well as build and maintain long term productive relationships with clients and project partners.
The successful candidate is expected to provide value and help, to the extent of their abilities, in carrying out whatever work is required to deliver a quality product within budget and on schedule. Below are some specific examples:
- Work with and assist the Project Manager to establish a project work plan for tasks and schedules to meet weekly, interim, and milestone deadlines for deliverables. Responsible for maintaining communication and accountability for meeting deadline and deliverable expectations.
- Work with the project team to clearly define and document project core goals and requirements, ensuring code compliance.
- Develop and present engineering concept design options and evaluations/recommendations based on the project need, client goals, and budget. Develop meeting presentations to clearly articulate design concepts to partners, contractors, and clients.
- Competent with cost estimating knowledge of electrical systems and collaborating with professional cost estimators, industry vendors, and electrical contractors.
- Competent with field engineering and knowledge of the commissioning process and collaborating with contractors and commissioning agents for the installation, start-up, testing, and training of electrical systems. A quick reaction and resolution to construction issues, RFIs, submittals, testing challenges is required.
- Responsible for the electrical construction administration activities for a project in collaboration the overall project administrative coordinator. Delegate tasks to other project engineers as appropriate and provide review/approval of that work.
- Participate in office and company wide quality control and knowledge sharing meetings and presentations.
- Proactive development of productive direct relationships with clients and design partners.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical).
- Professional Engineering license (PE) required.
- Willingness to obtain NCEES and additional Professional Engineering license (PE) in additional states.
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Fundamental knowledge of building systems across disciplines. Proven expertise in power, lighting, and low-voltage system design.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, Ability to interpret specifications written by others.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation/selection software for this industry.
- Ability to travel as needed; region travel up to 20% of the time, national travel sporadically.
- Ability to access Revit. Familiar with BIM modeling concepts.
- Power system modeling using SKM PowerTools or similar.
- Ability to combine personal judgment and a broad perspective to make decisions that positively affect the overall design process.
- Ability to anticipate design work, and to delegate and balance work for others.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential for this role.
- Ability to motivate and mentor others, build teams, manage people and priorities.
- AEI passionately invests in our employees by providing a collaborative, innovative work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth to work among the brightest minds in the industry.
- An appreciation for its employees and a culture that reflects that. We promote a flexible work environment, a focus on our communities and the world around us all while providing you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects.
- An exceptional benefit package as well as provide a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
Come work with us!
To be considered, apply online at .
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled