No two career paths will ever look the same. At we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the of working for a world-class employer. you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Time management and organizational skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 2-4 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
- 2 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
- Comprehensive understanding of the utility grid (power generation, transmission and distribution) system
- Comprehensive understanding of the function and application of major substation electrical and control house equipment
- Strong competence in applying basic theories and principles’ involved in substation engineering
- Expertise in researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Keen focus on quality and an appreciation for high quality deliverables. Understanding of the importance of quality and quality control in our industry.
- Strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under high pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment with an ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Self-starter who can work unsupervised
- Ability to multitask on assignments while maintaining schedule
- Proactive communication with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of computer competency
- Strong proficiency with using Windows-based software programs
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Active membership in national engineering societies (IEEE, PES, etc.)
- Proficiency with Bentley ProjectWise data management system.
Frequent travel to and from job sites may be required on a project-by-project basis.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required: None
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Electrical Engineering