A Part-time Sales Associate is expected to drive the selling efforts and customer relationships by excelling in customer service and selling techniques. Responsible for performing all daily store functions including: product merchandising, product sales, customer relations and store maintenance. The most important aspects of the position are customer service, sales and teamwork.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Displays basic fashion and trend knowledge and able to satisfy customer needs by selling appropriate merchandise while maintaining DTLR standards and building relationships.
- Assists with shipments, merchandising, restocking, and pricing.
- Presents positive, energetic, outgoing impression to each customer while demonstrating a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job and company.
- Complies with all company policies.
- Embraces service training and product programs.
- Ensures all visual standards are followed, daily restock is completed and adequate size runs are represented per visual directions.
- Assists in eliminating both employee and customer theft.
- Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment.
- Assists with keeping store organized as directed by store management.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Education And/or Experience
- Previous work experience in retail or customer service is preferred, but not necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate with management, customers and other employees.
- Must possess basic fashion and style trend knowledge and desire to work with customers in a retail setting.
- Individuals should possess problem-solving abilities, analytical abilities, detail orientation, flexibility, communication skills, and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service, accurate inventory control, merchandise transport, and store maintenance.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time; lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with flexibility.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local