Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor of all customer management platforms for alarm conditions.
- Evaluate and isolate any recorded alarm and/or reported alarm.
- Troubleshoot the alarm condition to determine the resolution action.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution action directly with the customer.
- Manage the issues, if necessary, with outside vendors.
- Generate and update trouble tickets to provide history on all customer issues.
- Escalate issues to Network Operations Center Manager as necessary.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly customer reports using standard templates.
- Distribute weekly reports to end customers within specified timeframes.
- Generate additions and changes to customer operation and process documentation for assigned customer account.
- Make additions and changes to management platforms and toolsets, including system and unit backups.
- Answer customer calls from customer service and sales regarding trouble tickets and service issues.
- Ensure client Trouble Tickets are processed in timely manner.
- Test circuits, service features, trunking and equipment to make sure they are operating effectively or to determine where problem is and solution to problem.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills - both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity with: remote circuit, trunking equipment monitoring and testing.
- Knowledge of concepts and use of network management toolsets.
- Trouble ticketing, service orders and account information gathering.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Certification (CCNA or equivalent) on products or technology will be required within one year of date of hire.
- Some knowledge of data and/or voice transport technologies, topologies, standards and infrastructure are desirable.
- Knowledge of Router management and troubleshooting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (Outlook, Work and Excel a must) required.
- Experience using ERP, trouble-ticketing and service management systems preferred.
- Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have as suitable motor vehicle report.