Orion Talent, the nation's largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Engineer II position.
Position Description: Field Service Engineer II
Under direction of the Area Service Manager, develops customer satisfaction through technical repair, installation, training, operation, and maintenance of instruments and systems. Position may have a specific assigned territory or system population or may be a position to cover other assigned territories as needed under the direction of the Area Service Manager.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installations and necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service and repair of complex instruments and systems
- Performs routine, non-routine and unusual technical repairs of all systems assigned. This includes updates, retrofits, PMs and product enhancements.
- Instructs customers in the proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IL instruments and systems.
- Is responsible for complying with all appropriate regulatory bodies (FDA, ISO and Health
- Serves as a company liaison with customers.
- Responsible for routine and consistent interaction with sales counterparts with respect to customer situations, updates, and lead generations.
- Assures financial stability and viability of territory by promoting and selling service agreements, PMs, and other services.
- Schedules, coordinates, and presents pertinent information at Customer User Group Training
- Assists the Area Service Manager in analyzing the severity of customer complaints and to develop plans to resolve customer complaints as needed, Travel into other territories may be needed to assist with duties and responsibilities above.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Area Service Manager
- Valid driver's license that meets the safe driver standards. o No DUIs and no more than 1 traffic violation within the last 3 years
- Previous Field Service Engineer/Technician experience is strongly preferred
- Technical degree (i.e. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology), professional experience or military electronics experience required. Associate Degree Electronics (or equivalent military experience). Must be able to read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level. Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Technology or related industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management through oral and written presentations I reports.
- Must have good MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including the ability to manipulate data and build presentations.
- Travel is required. Minimum 30% by auto in primary assigned territory. Minimum 10% by air for training, business meetings and/or support to customers outside primary or assigned territory.
Salary, Career Progression, and Benefits: $65K - 70K+ base depending on experience and qualifications plus OT + performance bonus (company vehicle provided): promotion to Senior Field Service Engineer and progression to supervisory positions depending on career goals.