Packaging Engineer 6 to 9 months with a potential to go longer
Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a Packaging Engineer with a year plus experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a global team of talented designers, engineers and product managers. You will support our ongoing efforts to deliver products that help people to build and repair the world we live in. Can prioritize tasks for both self and support engineers to meet business requirements and deadlines. Have strong written and communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and problem solving suggestions effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand packaging process working with a global packaging team and suppliers to develop packaging requirements, material specifications and project priorities
- Work with the Sr. Packaging Engineer to execute packaging strategies to support new product development and existing product packaging
- Create optimized packaging structure to maximize quality based on regionally available materials and qualify through testing
- Coordinate specifications, labeling and approvals of packaging structures.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to design, develop, and implement new packaging for changes in quality / cost.
- B.S. Packaging Engineering required
- 1-5 years of experience in packaging design
- Must have professional experience as a structural engineering or packaging engineer working in the consumer goods industry
- Deep understanding manufacturing processes as it pertains to packaging design
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials (corrugated, paperboard, plastic) and characteristics for packaging structural design
- Good sketching and visualizing skills must have a passion for packaging design
- Must have strong project and time management skills with the ability to m
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity.