IMB's mission is to partner with churches to empower limitless missionary teams who are making disciples and multiplying churches among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God. More than 1.7 billion people still live with little or no access to the Gospel. IMB is an entity of the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation's largest evangelical denomination, with more than 46,000 churches and over 15 million members.
Are you a job seeker with supervisor experience, a servant attitude, and excellent communication & decision-making skills?
The International Mission Board, a nonprofit religious organization in Richmond, VA, is hiring for a Housekeeping Supervisor.
Location: Rockville, VA
Rate: $18.07/ hr. + great benefits!
Hours: Full time
- Supervises, leads, schedules and coordinates the work of the Housekeeping Staff to include daily housekeeping needs of arriving and departing guests with information from the ILC Reservation System to ensure clean and welcoming accommodations for guests. Ensures that all classrooms and conference rooms are clean and orderly.
- Stock clean linen/quilts to designated storage areas on campus and distributes as needed for all incoming groups. Distributes baby beds/bed-rails/toddler beds. Distributes laundry bags to rooms, gathers and brings dirty laundry from dorms and quads to housekeeping. Assist as needed with sorting dirty laundry for washing.
- Orders Housekeeping supplies. Verifies and receives orders, updates inventory and distributes supplies to various locations on campus. Monitor and assess condition of housekeeping supplies and linens such as towels, linens, blankets, cribs, junior beds and room furniture.
- Clean floors in gym (weekly) and dining room (quarterly). Clean carpets and furniture in classrooms, quads and dorms using commercial equipment as needed.
- Assist the Conference Services Specialist to provide conference room and classroom set-ups for internal and external groups. Classroom set-ups include providing tables and/ chairs for required number of participants and set up in a manner that best suits their needs, necessary supplies to include flip charts, dry erase markers, power strips, etc.
- **Strong preference given to an active member of an SBC church**
- 1-3 years of supervisor experience, hospitality industry preferred.
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Detailed experience training staff, leading a team, and working with flexible schedules.
- Qualified candidates must be organized, detailed oriented, and flexible.
- Preferred experience working with Maestro Reservation System and Microsoft Office.