The "Behavioral Health Associate" will provide direct care to all residential and acute patients including charting on assigned patients, assisting in the classroom, and providing structured groups.
- Provide direct patient supervision in a calm and therapeutic manner.
- Assist with the development, review, and implementation of patient Treatment Plans.
- Comply will all Medicaid, HFAP, Reid Health, State Licensing, and Board of Health regulations.
- Complete daily charting and all required paperwork in a concise and legible manner prior to the end of each shift.
- Actively utilizes de-escalation techniques to maintain a safe environment for all patients.
- Conducts goal, psycho-educational, and life skills groups and documentation daily.
- Maintain SCM certification as a condition of employment.
- Actively engages all patients by participating with them in their educational, group, recreational, and living environments.
- Attend all monthly and annual training sessions as assigned.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program by reporting safety issues to the Team Leader or Nursing Supervisor.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Complete Intake Assessments when assigned.
- During shifts, the BHA is directly responsible to the on-duty RN
Education Required: High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
Experience Required: At least one year experience as a Behavioral Health Associate.
Experience Preferred: Previous experience in a residential or psychiatric facility preferred.
Certifications: Maintain Safe Crisis Management certification as a condition of employment.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Day shift. 36 hours weekly. 6:00a-6:00p.