Requisition #: req3484
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children who need the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
The Application Support Technician provides technical assistance for software applications to our internal users via phone, email, messaging, and remote sessions. The applicant will need to have strong technical and analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. The applicant will need to have a passion for helping and educating users use the software applications.
This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state licensing regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the business and IT stakeholders to understand software issues and provide support solutions.
- Gather detailed information, utilize logical problem-solving skills, apply techniques to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Use a ticketing system to track user requests and resolutions.
- Become a subject matter expert on our internally developed systems.
- Write technical documentation and help to keep procedures up-to-date and accurate.
- Identify workarounds to maintain daily business functionality and initiate process improvements/product idea workflows.
- Contribute expertise to testing, release, and deployment planning and implementation.
- Provide training to business as directed.
- Work with Business Owners and key stakeholders to understand requirements and provide solutions through database configuration.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in customer service related field.
- Technically competent with various software applications, such as MS Office, Teams, SharePoint, and the aptitude to learn new software programs.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and respond to numerous customers on a daily basis using acceptable business etiquette.
- Must be able to adapt to new situations and changes. Ability to learn and apply a wide range of knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associates degree in business administration, project management, information technology management or a combination of transferable skills and experience.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries.
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
Bethany Christian Services