Parallel is looking for a highly skilled and motivated back-end (NodeJS) engineer to join our talented team of engineers. By joining our team, you will get to work in an exciting fast-paced industry using the latest cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for someone who is excited and passionate about development and has experience working with NodeJS in an AWS based micro-service architecture.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain new and existing features
- Architect and develop highly scalable and secure database solutions to store and retrieve company data
- Build and consume internal and external APIs
- Work alongside our existing team to build and maintain a server-less based micro-service architecture
- Build clean fully tested readable code that is both secure and scalable
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
- Take ownership in what is built and show a general passion for development, cloud architecture, and database optimization
- Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledge-base
- Proficient understanding of NodeJS in a server-less micro-service architecture
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, …)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, or Mongo …
- Deep understanding of testing best practices inside of a CI/CD pipeline
- Proficient understanding of development workflow tools like: Git, JIRA, Webpack, and Babel
- Experience building and integrating with API's (RESTful or GraphQL)
- 5+ Years of back-end development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for working well with our team of talented engineers
- Ability to write well designed, testable, and efficient code using the best software development practices and patterns
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Bonus points for skills related to: Golang, Server-less Framework, Cypress.io, RESTful APIs, Web Sockets, AWS DevOps, GDPR Compliance, HIPAA Compliance, Contentful, Netlify
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment's notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly -and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality - Intentionality requires action -it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don't have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don't revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team's success.