It takes a very skilled cardiac nurse to monitor patients with high acuity heart issues in the CVICU. They care for our patients who’ve experienced cardiac surgery, MI, heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmias, structural heart disease, hypothermia post-cardiac arrest, vascular surgery and ventricular assist devices for destination or bridge to transplant therapy. We’ve made sure each of our 24 private room beds are equipped with the capability of NIBP, SpO2, arterial, pulmonary artery, cardiac output, temperature and arrhythmia monitoring. If you are a passionate cardiac nurse ready to work for an organization who champions your skillset, it’s time to talk to St Joseph Medical Center!
What you’ll do
- Provide continuous cardiac monitoring, arrhythmia recognition and intervention
- Initiate multiple, complex cardiac related infusions at higher doses
- Care for patients with invasive lines i.e.: arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheter, ventriculosomy/ICP
- Monitor intubated/mechanically ventilated patients, acute post cardiac surgery patients, and acute trauma patients
- St Joseph Medical Center’s Cardiac Surgery program was honored as a prestigious three star program for CABG and Aortic Valve Replacement procedures by the Society for Thoracic Surgery. Only 33 out of 989 hospitals evaluated in the U.S. received this esteemed rating for both procedures.
- This unit has an experienced clinical manager and an experienced critical care educator to advance our nursing practice and education.
- Normal ratios for cardiac patients are 1:1 or 1:2 and 1:3 for progressive care.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with exceptional clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Basic Life Support AHA (BLS) required
- Specialty certifications: CCRN/CMC,CSC,CHFN (preferred)
- Previous ICU, Advanced Heart Failure experience, Impella, VAD and ECMO experience (preferred)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or attainment within six months of hire is required.