Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
Position Information: The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, treats patients, in accordance with the orders of the referring physician, through the use of the therapeutic procedures and supportive devices intended to maximize functional potentials in all areas of a patient's life. The therapist is responsible for the implementation of the Standards of Practice for Occupational Therapy written by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Responsible to the Occupational Therapist, Director of Rehabilitation, Ancillary Services Manager.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am through 5 pm - PRN hours
Pay Range: Starting at $21.90 and dependent upon experience.
What you'll do:
- Provide patient care including completing necessary documentation of patient conditions, reactions, and responses to treatment in accordance with standards of practice.
- Assure the continued development of the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Assure implementation of applicable hospital and corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant Program and have certification from appropriate governing body.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
Must be able to concentrate on fine details with continual interruptions. Some exposure to the risk of electrical shock from equipment. Some exposure to humidity from the hydrotherapy area and other therapeutic equipment. Some potential risk for exposure to occupational hazards while visiting industrial work sites. Occasional travel required. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting 50% of the time at desk and when working with patients to complete assigned tasks. Requires standing/walking 50% of the time when working with patients and completing assigned tasks. Requires ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally to push, pull, lift, and lower objects and patients. Lifting of patients or objects over 50 pounds, requires the use of a mechanical device or a second human. Normal vision and hearing, with or without correction, which is adequate for all types of interpersonal communication is required. Must possess good depth perception and be able to judge distances, sizes, colors, and shapes of objects. Must have a good memory in order to remember tasks/assignments which may last for several days. Good attention span required for tasks/functions which may last for more than 60 minutes at a time. Ability to understand and relate to specific ideas required. Demonstrates good judgment and maintains a safe working environment. Must demonstrate patience, understanding and the ability to communicate effectively at all times. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off (4 weeks)
- CME allowance
- Student Loan reimbursement
- Malpractice covered
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.