Work Shift: D Shift (United States of America)
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and overseeing the safe and quality work of maintenance team on the assigned shift to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Planner to plan all projects and Preventative Maintenance (PM’s); scheduling maintenance associates and contractors, coordinating all details with the Manager and Leaders and clearly stating in writing the schedule and plan
- Ensure Work Orders are assigned correctly and completed on time while tracking and assessing individual associates’ workload
- Train Maintenance Associates on the PM Program, Work Orders and Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate expectations to Maintenance Associates in regard to teamwork, attitude and work performance while continually assessing individual performance
- Verify the Pre-Operational status of all equipment daily
- Ensure Lock Out Tag Out Compliance
- Ensure all GMP’s, HAACP, Company Policies and Safety Programs are followed by the Department at all times
- Continually audit and validate all departmental procedures and PMs.
- Obtain excellent working knowledge of all equipment and their components throughout the facility as well as all utility systems.
- Manage Maintenance Work Permit System
- Complete and maintain all required reports
- Oversee the parts/inventory for the department by working closely with the Parts Clerk to
- Issue parts with attached work orders to the proper shifts/associates
- Other duties as required.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong mechanical background required
- Ability to properly use hand tools and trades type tools
- Computer skills, MS Word, Excel Database, and e-mail
- Trained in the Maintenance of CMMS
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who is willing to implement new processes and ideas
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Able to identify industry standard parts
- Ability to operate equipment safely and effectively
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Require a minimum of one year experience within the Maintenance Department of this facility for internal candidates
- Supervisory experience of a minimum of 2 years or 5 years of maintenance
- Experience with Anhydrous Ammonia Mechanical Refrigeration and High-Pressure Boiler maintenance and management is preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand/Walking: Continuously (8 or more hours)
- Grasp: Continuously (picking up product to cut)
- Pull/Push: Occasionally (5-8 lbs of product toward work area)
- Lift/Carry: Continuously (2-12 ounces) frequently (up to 20-40 lbs) occasionally (up to 75 lbs)
- Other Physical Requirements: Bend/Stoop occasionally
- Ability to work using full range of motion, working at shoulder height or above or from a low laying position for long periods of time.
- Physical Environment: Continuously - Working around moving machinery, working in a cold environment (28-34 degrees F).
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, .