SAIC is seeking a Linux Administrator to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Note: this job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Description of Duties:
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades; maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plan and implement the modernization of servers.
- Develop, implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and implement new standards, policies and procedures.
Bachelors and 5+ years of related experience or no degree with additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- TCP/IP based networking protocols (DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Storage Area Networks
- Linux/UNIX certifications (RHCT, RHCE, LPIC, etc.)
- ServiceNow certifications
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- ITIL Foundations
Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance in order to begin work
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit . For ongoing news, please visit our . For SAIC benefits information, see . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability