POSITION TITLE: Industrial Engineer
LOCATION: St Albans, Vermont
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations, and compounds. The Group runs more than 59 production facilities worldwide selling in 140 countries and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 11,500 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Expected to successfully execute projects of various scope and financial size. Directs and manages contractors and other outside engineering and 3rd party service providers. Provides coordination and management of commissioning services in support of new manufacturing processes and new mechanical equipment. Engineering services may include equipment specification, process design, and process development/improvement. Provides analysis of process requirements and evaluates equipment and systems to ensure deliverables meet or exceed process and packaging specifications and manufacturing requirements. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies that optimize performance, are cost effective, and will improve product quality and manufacturing techniques. Provides significant contributions on project teams and leads multi-functional teams of internal employees.
- Primary focus is on project management of larger capital projects, including planning and coordinating with local site management for installing and commissioning new production units and facility support equipment. Insuring the effective start up and transitioning of responsibilities to local teams.
- Participates in the design of equipment and systems for manufacturing industrial chocolate.
- Support process and packaging factory line trials and R&D activities and commercialization efforts;
- May use AutoCAD and other software tools to review and design line layouts, line modifications and concept drawings;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts, specifically project Gannt charts, project plans, and cost tracking reports;
- Improving the efficiency, output and safety of a plant, identify cost savings opportunities;
- Related to assigned projects, ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs;
- Ensuring environmental and all regulatory compliance within assigned projects;
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified requirements;
- Liaising with other process, corporate engineers, and plant engineers working on associated plants and projects;
- Working closely with other specialists, including: personnel responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew;
- Managing the cost and time constraints of projects;
- Providing engineering tasks, including training and documentation as required to ensure a project is executed and deliverables are achieved.
- Create/provide preventative maintenance documents and list of suggested MRO spare parts for all new equipment.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical) with at least 5-10 years relevant project management experience.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office and Project software and Windows Operating
- System, AutoCAD and similar design software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and oversee the work of contractors and 3rd party engineering providers
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
5 to 10% based on assigned project locations. May also be expected to reside temporarily at project locations during installations and start-ups (up to 6 months).
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, and vacation time
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about chocolate
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth