Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. (May consider an individual currently enrolled in senior year of Health Occupation and Education Program or completion of Allied Health I.)
- Previous hospital, clerical and/or patient care experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- HeartSaver CPR or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within six months of hire.
- Complete body mechanics training and basic transportation training within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Departmental Procedures within 6 months of hire.
- The ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of all patient and departmental documents is required.
- Ability to read, coordinate, and prioritize physician's orders for imaging procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with patients, physicians, health system officials, other health system personnel, the general public and patient in emotional or stressful situations is essential.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to recognize problems and to identify and implement a course of action.
Will work in a clean, well lighted environment. The job requires pushing and pulling and lifting of equipment weighing in excess of 100 lbs. up to 40% of the time. Requires lifting and positioning of patients weighing up to 400 lbs. with the assistance of other staff members, up to 75% of the time. The position requires walking and standing up to 80% of the time, and requires carrying of supplies and other items.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Charles Regional Medical Center