Entry Level Utility Worker
Starting Salary: $19.13/hr
Alternate between nights and days / 12 hr. shifts
Hours: 6:45am - 6:45pm
6:45pm - 6:45am
- Support production team as needed to clear jams, monitor equipment, empty waste hoppers, disposition product, perform housekeeping, and fill-in for machine operator vacancies.
- Work safely and assume responsibility for the safety of self and others.
- Follow all safety rules and policies.
- Maintaining excellent housekeeping.
- Participate in equipment maintenance activities.
- Participate in all machine shut-down and lace-up activities to support excellent machine uptime.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and training.
- Communicate responsibly.
- Strive for continuous improvement in areas of safety, quality, and productivity.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to read and write effectively and perform basic arithmetic skills
- Good communications skills: verbal, listening, reading and writing resulting in the ability to lead others
- Strong interpersonal skills including a positive outlook toward team members, staff and company goals
- Demonstrated understanding of processes, equipment, and product specs
- Strong work ethic including attendance, safety, and performance
- Motivated, responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Physical capability and stamina to fit workplace demands
- Flexible and open-minded
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment/continuous process industry
- Skilled in problem identification and resolution
- Willingness to seek assistance and collaborate with support personnel
- Comfortable with PC-based office software and other common applications
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Must be able to drive a forklift which requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as the ability to use your arms and legs to work the controls, breaks, and steering wheel.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Perform responsibilities of the assigned tasks to contribute to plant and crew goals
- Perform all work accident-free and in compliance with GAF and govt. safety standards
- Continually comply with GAF policies & procedure (e.g., attendance, performance, and recordkeeping), demonstrate continuous improvement as the normal mode of operating
GAF Materials Corporation