We Want You to Join Our Team! Are you seeking a workplace that allows you to have a career?
The Cat Rental Store is a customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. We aim to be the only call needed to supply a job site with the proper equipment needed to do the job. Not only do we offer the very best equipment in the industry, we provided it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Through our employees’ dedication and our comprehensive equipment offering, we truly set ourselves apart from the competition.
As a highly successful company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Drive diesel powered one-ton truck to transport and deliver rental equipment with proper securement of equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate vehicle in accordance to state law.
- Responsible to receive daily schedule from dispatcher the night before.
- Complete delivery logs, delivery sheet and safety inspections daily.
- Responsible for loading and unloading plus using the correct tie down techniques.
- Must complete pre trip and post trip inspection on truck per B.I.T. guidelines.
- Equipment must be delivered within established time frames.
- Must handle minor maintenance issues and fueling of trucks.
- Responsible to have customers sign rental agreements on delivery. Damage to equipment must be pointed out to customer either upon delivery or return and noted on rental agreement.
- Verifies that equipment is in good mechanical and safe operating condition upon being taken out or being returned.
- Driver should report any equipment malfunctions, damage, or safety issues to dispatcher or shop foreperson within 24 hours.
- Accidents must be reported immediately to dispatcher. Accident reports are required for each incident and should be turned in to Store Manager.
- Checks equipment in or out as needed.
- Responsible for red tagging equipment that is in need of repair.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, and controls and to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Competitive hourly rate of pay with excellent company paid benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, nine paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick time.
Skills : Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide: Required Intermediate
Basic Computer Skills: Required Intermediate
Read Simple Instructions: Required Intermediate
Write Simple Instructions: Required Intermediate
Ability to communicate effectively: Required Intermediate
Education : High School Diploma or GED
Experience : 1 years: Relevant work experience and/or training and education hauling light equipment driving a one-ton truck with 10,000 lb. trailer.
Licences & certifications Class C Driver License
Holt of California