Who We Are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
Who You Are
You are passionate about health and wellness and you seek out any chance you get to know your community and build new relationships. You understand and appreciate the technical gear that will support your goals and your sweatiest pursuits.
You are building a career that lets you flex some strong entrepreneurial muscle and you know that what you do makes a difference in the world. You have an inherent desire to learn, connect, and create.
You are responsible for all aspects of the retail store operations, and for the strategy and development of your people and communities. You are accountable for ensuring that all areas of the store 80.20 are fulfilled and are 100% responsible for the level of education on the floor by delivering world-class educator and guest experience. You build capabilities within your team to drive strategy and achieve results for your business today and tomorrow.
A Day In The Life
- You lead and coach through the company vision, mission, and core values; you uphold the culture by incorporating store principles into the daily business
- You proactively recruit a diverse team who prioritizes guest connection and provides world-class guest experience; you execute and oversee the full hiring process from interviews, offer letters, and background checks to HR appointments and on-boarding
- You facilitate successful trainings, performance/development meetings, and monthly staff meetings
- You provide consistent coaching and feedback to hold your team accountable to results; you are accountable for the performance evaluation delivery process for all members of your team, as well as the execution of all job changes in the HRIS system
- You proactively plan your team's headcount in alignment with company recommendations to fill and develop your store's leadership pipeline; you have a succession plan in place and a successor(s) identified, and you are actively developing your successor(s)
- You are on your sales floor a minimum of 4 days a week leading your team by example, giving feedback and coaching in the moment; you are accountable for all areas of education/guest experience
- You are accountable for the successful selection process, training, and relationship management of brand ambassadors at your store; you maintain relationships with members of our Sweat Collective and gather/communicate ongoing product feedback
- You are responsible for all product/inventory management at your store, including creating an effective product testing strategy, executing product walkthroughs, and overseeing visual merchandising and sell-through at your store
- You unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5 - 30 lbs)
- You lead a profitable store by enrolling the entire team to achieve your sales plan; you utilize company tools to strategically plan sales targets and labour hours; you accurately track labour hours and expenses, and you review the P&L/income statements to ensure accuracy
- You are responsible for hours management and scheduling for your team; you apply the practices of our labour optimization philosophy when scheduling to support great educator and guest experience
- You approve vacation/LOA requests, and process employee changes appropriately to ensure timely and accurate pay for your team
- You represent your store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of the Regional Manager
- You are fully accountable for and oversee the execution of all deliverables on the Store Manager 80.20 Checklist, and you perform the role responsibilities of Educator, Key Leader, and Assistant Store Manager as needed
- Under the direction your Regional Manager, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests
- You integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working (aka you don't take yourself too seriously)
- You acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same
- You lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Minimum one year's work experience in management, 2 years management experience preferred
- All employees' availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs (in partnership with the Regional Manager), and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- lululemon reserves the right to make amendments to the schedule and/ or availability requirements from time to time and at its sole discretion
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December (the start of the second week in period 11) until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period guests are permitted to return holiday merchandise, on an annual basis
- High school diploma or GED preferred; completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Hours expectation: 40 hours per week (5 days)
- Status: non-exempt
- You are able and willing to travel by car and air as needed and at the discretion of your Regional Manager
lululemon is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you would like someone from our team to contact you for individualized support, email us at . In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your request.