One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Gander Outdoors, part of the Camping World family, is the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally, and seasonally relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career is the perfect next chapter.
- Drive the business to success by delivering metrics and achieving success on the Leaderboard.
- Facilitate a positive checkout experience.
- Connect with customers by asking open ended questions, recommending solutions, answering customer questions, and graciously listening to and denoting customer concerns.
- Restock merchandise to ensure the department and merchandise displays are organized and fully stocked.
- Involvement in the community to promote the brand and stay informed concerning competitors.
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures in store by adhering to company standards.
- Re-ticket merchandise to ensure accuracy
- Ensure firearms are properly handled during the check in process at the front of the store.
- Ensure federal, state and local compliance to protect the store's FFL and adhere to company policy on the handling and inventory of firearms.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma as appropriate for age or working towards a high school diploma, GED or equivalent required with 1 + years prior retail experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates ethical and honest behavior in day-to-day interactions and business decisions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, leadership skills are required to interact with all levels of the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate the team to meet and exceed sales goals through excellent selling skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
- Able to freely access all areas of the register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, crouching, and kneeling; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability for infrequent overnight travel.
- May be required to show proof of ability to possess a firearm per federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Camping World is the leading outdoor lifestyle retailer. Since the Company's founding in 1966, Camping World has grown to become one of the most well-known destinations for camping, boating, hunting, fishing, biking, winter- and water sports, to name a few. The outdoors is a big place, bigger than just RVs, but when it comes to your RV needs, we're your one-stop shop for sales, maintenance, repair and the industry's broadest and deepest range of services, protection plans, products and resources. We have over 200 locations all over the U.S. under our ever-growing company and brands. Just as the outdoors offers endless adventures, so does our company. Stay tuned to see how and where we grow next.
We consider Military experience equally as valuable as civilian work experience. Veterans, Reservists and Transitioning Service Members are encouraged to include Military duty and certifications on their resume and applications when applying for a position.
Camping World and Good Sam