As a Field Service Technician with Tennant, you will provide top-notch customer service as you troubleshoot equipment and deliver solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. Working at our customers’ facilities, our service technicians maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Tennant products, and provide quality customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure satisfaction. You will maintain the proper parts, supplies, and tools in your service vehicle to solve customer problems. You will quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues, and determine what is needed to get the equipment running again. Customers rely on you to teach them how to use our equipment correctly and decrease future needs making you a true asset to our customers.
Tennant Company offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, corporate credit card, cell phone, and laptop. Our Field Service Technicians also enjoy work-life balance with a schedule that typically allows them to be home every night. Technicians also participate in a comprehensive training program including ride-a-longs with other Technicians and management; and factory-based training.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered engine problems on all Tennant products and similar competitive products.
- Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging all customer service calls, planned maintenance, and breakdowns to maintain effective customer service.
- Maintain records of all service activities and business reporting documentation through the use of customer repair order logs, service agreements, completed repair orders, timesheets, machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and service agreements.
- Efficiently manage inventory levels to maximize inventory turns while minimizing return trips to customers.
- Ensure proper communication of customer preventative maintenance schedules and future service needs.
- Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer.
- Responsible for proper and safe use, maintenance, and reporting of all Tennant Company property. This includes trucks, trailers, tools, and equipment.
- Partner with sales representatives concerning potential customer applications for equipment replacements.
- Consistently present a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment.
- Assist manager by making territory boundary changes and customer alignment recommendations.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds, with most items weighing between 2 and 20 pounds. Occasionally may be required to lift items weighing up to 90 pounds. Assistance should be provided for items weighing over 60 pounds.
- Position requires sitting, standing, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, or squatting daily. May be up to 30% of the day.
- Position requires driving a van to and from customer sites daily, an average of 500 miles/week.
- High school diploma or equivalent, vocational school coursework a plus.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience to include:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mobile equipment.
- Demonstrated experience working with one or more of the following: mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered engine.
- Demonstrated experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of how to use a personal computer, including MS Office Suite, email, and proprietary Tennant systems.
- Understand and manage expenses within the service operation.
- Good verbal communication skills, customer-centric attitude, and approach.
- Basic estimating and inventory management skills.
- Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.