In this position you will:
- Perform clerical, scheduling and records activities in support of patients and staff.
- Complete referral coordination and documentation.
- Follow-up, coordinate, receive and input documentation and values while accurately completing patient care records.
- Communicate with clinic staff, providers and others regarding coordination of care.
- Accurately collect, record and ensure distribution of information to appropriate staff via computer and/or manual systems.
- Assist with other patient coordination activities, as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrated application of hospitality skills in any service field
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer and/or data entry experience
- Keyboarding skills at 45 wpm
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
- One year experience in a healthcare related field, specifically patient access, insurance eligibility verification/authorization, billing/electronic claims submission, or collection of accounts receivable
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
Providence Health & Services